Posted by on Sep 30, 2015 in Uncategorized | 0 comments

Lead is a naturally occurring element abundant in the earth’s surface. Although it is being used in many different industries, including manufacturing and military, this element is known to cause many health hazards when exposed to it even in small amounts. In fact, lead is so dangerous that it has been banned from many different materials at home, such as household paints and toy finishes.

Children are the most vulnerable to lead toxicity. Lawyers from the Sampson Law Firm believe children could be exposed to lead when using childcare products, children toys and food containers contaminated with lead. Your child might be suffering from lead toxicity if s/he is having some learning difficulties. Other signs of lead toxicity among kids include irritability, failure to reach developmental milestones on time, weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss, and gastrointestinal disorders such as vomiting, constipation and abdominal pain.

Exposure to lead is not just limited to children products, food containers and toys. Houses painted with lead-based coats could also put a child in danger of lead toxicity. Also, water pipes with caulk, seals, and fixtures that use lead may also result in lead poisoning.

If you notice that your child is experiencing any sign of lead toxicity, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional right away for accurate diagnosis and immediate treatment. When left untreated, lead toxicity may result in more serious brain and organ damages, which could be irreversible, sometimes even deadly.

You may also want to take certain precautionary measures to ensure that your kids will be safe from lead. For instance, only buy childcare products and toys that are lead free. You may also have your water tested to see if your pipes are contaminated with lead and need replacing. If you are living in an old house coated with lead-based paint, consider renovating your home to remove the old paint or cover the old paint with a lead-free one.